Lyon is among the best metropolitan areas in France that you must visit. The city is third largest within France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historical and social heritage. Some of its structures and galleries have been indexed by world heritage site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit and explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The oldest parts of the actual church have now been closed for prayers and are stored for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and it was started in 11th century AD. There is a great respect and value for this amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the English type of architecture. The actual park was built throughout the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and many beautiful urban parks of France. It is a great place for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main popular features of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, organic garden and a rose backyard. Recently African Flatlands have also been added where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and was later reopened in 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The cup ceiling from the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located around the outskirts from the city and has a bit of amusement for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fishes and other aquatic life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal spot for the dancing lovers. This particular theater continues to be dedicated to dance where you can discover various type of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest retail center in France. The mall has the presence of almost all the major brands on the planet. But steer clear of this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is one of the best locations in France to see and discover sorties Ã Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to reach Paris and you can take possibly TGV train or bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the third largest city and second biggest metropolitan region in France. This city is famous for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city was founded by the Roman empire and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city can be found between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km away from Paris. You are able to reach presently there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East of France between two rivers called as Rhone and Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and weather conditions are nice to visit in the 30 days of September and Oct.